Welcome to Plattsburgh Primary Care Pediatrics, a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home!
We are excited that you have chosen Plattsburgh Primary Care Pediatrics for your child's medical care. Your comfort and convenience are our priority, and we strive to make every visit to our office a positive experience. To help you get acquainted with our office and first visit procedures, we have included helpful information on this page.
As a Patient Centered Medical Home we pledge to:
- listen to you and learn about your child's specific needs
- include you in the discussion of your child's health care choices
- help you understand your child's health conditions
- offer you evidence based care and education as well as self management tools and support you need to take care of your family
- organize and assit you in coordiating your child's medical care across other physicians and specialists
- review and explain test results with you
- be available to you
- via phone or secure patient portal
- with extended evening and weekend appointment hours
- same day appointment availability
Patient Centered Medical Home puts you and your child in the CENTER
Our practice supports and encourages whole person care through:
- Preventive Care - Annual Well Child Checks
- Specialized Care - Coordinating with other Specialized Physicians to meet all your child's health care needs
- Transitional Care - A means to assist you after your child's hospital discharge to promote a full recovery and prevent re-admission
- Chronic Care Management - to provide the tools and support to help your child grow in the self-management of their chronic conditions
- Emotional Care - screening tools and preventive measures used to detect possible issues early, allowing for more timely treatment and support
- After hours availability - appointment times after regular business hours and weekends to best meet patient scheduling needs etc. When the office is closed, an on-call nurse is available and in direct contact with our providers (with access to EHR) to provide the care and direction your child needs
- Community Support - we are able to help coordinate care with various community resources that best fit the needs of your child
How can you help us?
- Ask questions!
- Bring in list of medications, especially after being discharged from hospital
- Let us know if your child is getting care from any other doctors
- Tell us immediately if you do not understand something
- Be honest and upfront with us so we can provide your child the best care possible
- Call our office before going to the hospital or emergency room (if not possible before, as soon as you can)
- Tell all other doctors, including the emergency room or hospital who your child's pedicatrician is. Ask them to please share all results with us!
- Support your child in following the care plan created with your child's pediatrician. If challenges arise, call us for support and/or guidance.
- Participate in our online survey to let us know how we are doing providing your child with the very best Patient Centered Medical Care possible: Patient Satisfaction Survey
Ways to access your child's care team:
Phone 518-562-0151: Call our office during business hours, listen to the menu to efficiently meet your child's needs: access the prescription refill line, be connected to your child's care team, speak to our administrative staff and more.
After hours, call the same office phone number, listen to the menu and follow prompts to be connected to a pediatric nurse, available to answer your questions and guide you through the best actions for your child's healthcare needs. The nurse has access to the oncall pediatrician for the practice, with access to your child's medical record and is able to either relay a message from the pediatrician or have the pediatrician contact you directly. This service works closely with your child's care team!
Portal (Secure electronic messaging) - a secure way to access components of your child's health records and conveniently communicate NON-URGENT needs with your child's care team; requesting an appointment, medication refill, accessing immunization records, test results and more! Click Patient PORTAL for all the details!
Team members available to your child include:
Administrative staff: These staff work hard on and off the scene to make your experience here smooth and enjoyable. They answer your calls, schedule your appointments, update your contact information, manage your medical records, oversee that when the clinical care team sees your child, all the I's have been dotted and T's have been crossed!
Clinical Care Team: Medical Assistances, Nurses, and Doctors, and Care Managers all work together as part of the Clinical Care Team to provide your child an extensive and comprehensive range of services following evidence based guidelines. The Clinical Care Team want to provide you with the information needed to make informed decisions about how to prevent/self-manage you/your child's health care needs.
For a detailed description of how our team members are here to provide the best quality patient centered medical care, please click here for Team Based Care
To expedite your first appointment, please arrive a few minutes early to complete registration forms so that we have all the necessary information to treat your child. You may also download and print the forms from this website, fill them out ahead of time, and bring them with you to the first appointment.
NEW PATIENT Registration Forms
Transfer of Records: In order to transfer records IN to our practice (New Patient) or transferring records OUT of our practice (transferring medical care to another provider - pediatrician, adult or family medicine), you must complete the RELEASE OF INFORMATION FORM and return to the Business Office, attn: Medical Records.
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.